The new National Alliance for Children and Youth – L’Alliance nationale pour l’enfance et la jeunesse (NACY) is an incorporated not-for profit organization that has been created to continue the work of the informal National Children’s Alliance – Alliance nationale pour les enfants which began in 1996. Originally operating as a program of the National Voluntary Organizations (NVO) and subsequently Imagine Canada, work of the Alliance has been funded by the Social Development Community Partnerships Program of the Government of Canada. By bringing diverse not-for-profit organizations together in a collaborative network dedicated to enhancing the well-being of children and youth in Canada, NACY provides leadership and knowledge dedicated to mobilizing and linking practice and research to policy development on a pan-Canadian basis.
The purpose of National Alliance of Children and Youth is to promote the health and well-being of children and youth in Canada in ways that are beneficial to the community, by means of the following:
- Facilitating the active participation and collaboration of its Members and others in the development of consensus on policies, programs and practices that improve outcomes for children and youth;
- Promoting public awareness and understanding on issues relating to the health and well-being of children and youth;
- Providing public education regarding children, youth, and families;
- Conducting and disseminating research into trends and issues affecting children, youth and families;
- Developing, encouraging, and improving opportunities for national and international skill development and knowledge transfer among individuals, organizations, and groups in support of children and youth;
- Developing and promoting a public policy agenda in support of these objects.
The National Alliance for Children and Youth
150 Isabella St #149
Ottawa ON K1S 1V7